A lot of people are struggling with estrogen dominance symptoms and are trying to learn how to deal with this condition. Below, we will present you with a simple agenda which will balance your hormones, and both men and women can use it as a method for prevention.
The 10 Symptoms of Estrogen Dominance
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Problems with low libido
- Bad PMS with breast swelling and tenderness, headaches and extreme mood swings
- Hips and abs weight gain
- Brain fog
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Hair loss
- Slow metabolism
Step 1-Removing “Xenoestrogens”
As a result of industrialization, there are many harmful chemical compounds which are part of our day-to-day routine. One of these chemicals is “xenoestrogen” which can act like estrogen in our body and this is where estrogen dominance comes into place. Try removing the following items from your daily routine, so you can avoid xenoestrogen.
- Plastic Tupperware
- Plastic bottles
- Avoid cosmetics, toiletries, and makeup that is not natural
- Avoid tap water and non-organic dairy
- Dryer sheets
- BPA cans
- Avoid birth control pills
- Soy protein isolate
Step 2- Ensure Efficient Elimination
If you suffer from chronical constipation, then it will not be easy for you to remove estrogen from your body and it will only go back to your bloodstream, continually causing problems. This is why it is essential that you do estrogen detoxification before continuing to other treatments.
Try to work on your bowel movements and to make them regular by following these tips
- Drink around 3 liters of water daily
- Eat more vegetables
- Consume probiotics such as sauerkraut, miso, kefir, plain yogurt and kimchi.
- Include more fiber in your smoothie
- Use supplements such as magnesium citrate to improve your bowel movements.
Additionally, you can also follow this advice:
- Make sure you take deep breaths in order to practice your lungs
- Go for lymph massages
- Sweat out with an exercise, or go to a sauna to eliminate toxins from your body
- Remove dead skin cells with a dry skin brush.
Step 3 – Improve your liver health and increase estrogen detoxification
A liver which functions well can help us remove the excess estrogen through natural detoxification which happens in phases. In phase I, the liver works in transforming the bad estrogen into milder estrogen. In phase II, this mild estrogen is turned into water-soluble form and in this form, it can be removed from the body through stool and urine.
There might be situations when the liver is not able to remove the toxins from the body:
- If the liver is not receiving enough nutrients, then phase I and phase II won’t be possible.
- If you consume too much alcohol, junk food, and drugs then your liver will not be able to do the detoxification, since it will be fighting against these other chemicals.
In order to support your liver function, make sure you do these things:
- Avoid processed food and consume more whole-foods
- Drink more filtered water
- Don’t overeat
- Avoid alcohol
- Eat more food which will help your liver
- Beets, leafy greens, artichoke, onion, leek, garlic, eggs, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, kale, etc.
- Dandelion root, Oregon grape root, rosemary, ginger, red clover, milk thistle.
- Supplement with B-vitamins and folic acid
- Consume more Calcium D-Glucarate, Indole-3-Carbinol, DIM, sulforaphane.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Pinterest. Thank you! <3