Be it any kind of bug, they are common in households. Burning, itching, numbness, swelling and redness are common signs of bug bites.
These bites can turn dangerous to your health. So, you need to get rid of them. Media promoted pesticides aren’t good if you’ve children at home. A study states that repeated exposure to such chemical incorporated products can result in cancer in children.
Further researchers say that 47% of children who’re exposed to indoor pesticides developed leukemia and 43% of them experienced lymphoma symptoms. Here is another journal published that states the connection between pesticide and signs of cancer in children.
Instead, you can use essential oils that aren’t associated with any serious ailment. These innate oils are packed with essential vitamins and minerals that your skin needs. Free from synthetic fragrances essential oils can help you to get rid of bugs.
List of Essential Oils to Get Rid of Bugs
You can blend essential oils to make it more effective. Don’t use essential oils directly over the skin to soothe bug bites. High concentration of these oils may irritate your skin. Beauty experts recommend blending it with carrier oil or base oil.
Below listed are essential oils for bugs.
- Ticks: Oregnao oil, Thyme oil
- Spider: Peppermint oil, Spearmint oil
- Cockroaches: Peppermint oil, Eucalyptus oil, tea tree oil
- Ants: Peppermint oil, Spearmint oil
- Beetles: peppermint oil, thyme oil
- Snails: cedarwood oil, pine oil
- Aphids: Peppermint oil, Spearmint oil, Sandalwood oil
- Fleas: Peppermint oil, Lemongrass oil, Spearmint oil
- Flies: Peppermint oil, Eucalyptus oil, Geranium oil, Cedarwood oil, Patchouli oil, Melaleuca oil, Rosemary oil
- Mosquitoes: Peppermint oil, Eucalyptus oil, Thyme oil, Cinnamon oil, Rosemary oil, lavender oil, lemon grasss oil
How to Use
Bugs like spider find peppermint essential oil, tea tree oil and citrus oil unpleasant. You just need to blend these EO`s and spray it on inconspicuous areas.
As listed take 5 drops of essential oil and blend it with warm water. Add 1 drops of dish soap and mix them thoroughly. Now take the spray bottle and shift this mixture to it.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Pinterest. Thank you! <3