A lot of our household products influence our long-term health because they are full of chemicals. One of these products is the deodorants we use every day. This product contains a lot of harmful chemicals, such as aluminum, but we still use it daily on a really sensitive body area and eventually it can affect our lymphatic system and our sebaceous glands as well as our immune system. Common deodorants contain aluminum, propylene glycol, formaldehyde, and phthalates.
Why an armpit detox is necessary?
Once you learn about the chemicals that are in our deodorant I’m sure you will want to opt for a different chemical free brand, which doesn’t eliminate bad smell. This is the reason why you need to do an armpit detox. This kind of detox will help you get rid of all of the dangerous chemicals which have infected your sweat glands, tissue, and skin and you will start smelling fresh and clean with the help of natural deodorants.
Additionally, using a natural deodorant will help you avoid rashes which store-bought deodorants can cause and you will also start sweating less with this detox.
What do you need for the detox?
In order to perform this detox, you need some apple cider vinegar, bentonite clay, and some water. Mixing bentonite clay with water is amazing since it can detox your surface skin layer, as well as deep clean your pores. Apple cider vinegar will also help you cleanse your skin.
How to make the detox mixture?
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of water
- 1 tbsp. of bentonite clay
- 1 teaspoon of ACV
How to do it?
- Mix everything in a glass bowl and stir well with a wooden spoon until the mixture becomes creamy.
- With a cloth, or with your hands spread the mixture on your armpits and leave it on up to 20 minutes. If your skin is sensitive, you might feel a tingling sensation and if you start feeling pain, you need to rinse the substance with clean water and maybe use a different mixture for your armpit detox.
- If you notice your armpits are a bit red, there’s no need to worry, since this only means that blood is flowing to this and doing its job.
- Once the time is up, rinse off the mixture with warm water, or just take a shower.
You can do this routine every other day until your natural deodorant starts protecting you the way it should.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Pinterest. Thank you! <3